Pipework questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so its only the boiler side that needs commissioned not the pipework to the radiaters etc? Im thinking about replacing a microbore heating system with a combi boiler but have been told i cant use same pipework for the combi. Can i fit the rads and do the pipe work to them and get a corgi reg guy to fit and connect up the boiler/flue/gas pipes etc and still have the system commissioned?

Sponsored Links
Why cant u use exsisting system.Drain it down and pressure test it with air.

fitz1 said:
Why cant u use exsisting system.Drain it down and pressure test it with air.

Better block the feed and vent, then do a hydraulic test.

the system is fine and works perfecly as it is but i was told that for combi system installation 15mm pipe is the smallest pipe size you can use is this not the case?

Sponsored Links
ok so say i leave the rads and CH system pipes and just let corgi guy do his thing wi fittiing the boiler and connecting it to the microbore and that.... Can i lay the water pipes to the shower/ kitchen etc by myself? Im confident enough to do it myself but is there any regulations on that sort of thing that need to be approved?

Also just aside the guys that do this for a living what do you use now fittings wise? Is it still the solder type yorkshire fittings or have most of you gone over to the quick connect clamping system?

U can pipe hot and cold urself.I dont use plastic pushfit .I dont trust them on heated pipes longterm.Also if u fit pushfit dont forget to link ur earthing when using on copper pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back