heating off but radiators get warm! 3 port valve replaced!

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had 3 port valve replaced as was unable to get the heating on demand
and the radiators upstairs were getting warm. After replacement the heating problem was solved but two radiators upstairs one with trv in the bedroom and the non trv bath rad get warm! any help advise is much appreciated.thanks :( :confused:

Sponsored Links
thanks for ur reply whole valve was changed!

check when the hw is on if the heating side of the valve is getting hot to, or cold.

Sponsored Links
check when the hw is on if the heating side of the valve is getting hot to, or cold.
yes it does get warm/hot
also note the valve is fitted the right way.

can anybody help/advise further on this. Thanking in advance.

can anybody help/advise further on this. Thanking in advance.

hi all
heating engineer has recommended that i get rid off 3 port and install 2x twin port valve. Will this solve the problem of upstairs rad get warm when only hot water is demanded. any advise from the more qualified is appreciated and thanks in advance.
ih

i woudlnt expect that would solve the problem any more thanreplacing the 3 port. did bhe say why?

If the problem of the 2 rads warming was there before and after the valve being replaced then its very likely you have a reverse circulation fault. If the plumber is suggesting the 3 port is letting by then it's faulty and under guarantee.

i agree with rob884, either the new valve is faulty or there is some reverse circulation going on, swaping from a y plan to s plan would not make the problem go away, just cost you a lot with two valves, pipework and wireing alterations. If you can see check that your return from the cylinder is the last tee in to the boiler return

thanks for all contribution.The valve was checked and was ok. suspect reverse flow. Can this be fixed? regret i cannot confirm if the warming of the radiators was there prior to new valve. Or do i have to put up with the situation and there is no easy fix.
thanks.ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back