heating probs left in lurch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi had engineer out today now no heating in 1 rad called guy to move i rad and change faulty 2 port valve on hot water did nt start too well when guy asked if i remembered which way the previous valve was faceing and if i remembered if the red gate valve (know now to be called bypass valve) was open or shut did not have a clue so he caried on.still dont think valve is fitted rifght getting hot water but arrow on 2 port valve faceing away from hot water cylinder and the bypass is open is this right now to rad it only gets lukewarm one pipe is very hot other is cold he says it would come through 8 hours ago lifted floor to where he teed off one pipe is hot other cold any help appreciated he now wont answer phone but to be honest dont really want back

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back