Heating programmer not activating heating/hw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help? After a power outage on the weekend I have no heating or hot water. The programmer, thermostat and boiler all have power to them and are showing no error messages but it appears the programmer isn’t sending a signal out to the valve and boiler. I’ve reset the time and put it on to constant but am not hearing that audible click when I select heating and/or hot water. The green lights don’t come on as they usually would. What could this be? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
Do you have any voltage testing instruments,and the ability to safely test voltages present on mains electricity?
What's the device to the right of the programmer in your pic ?

Hi, thanks for looking at this. I don’t have any voltage equipment but I could probably get hold of some easily enough. Could it be that that is what the issue is? What would I need to do.
In terms of the other device, I’ve attached a picture. I’m not sure what it is!

Attachments

• IMG_6685.jpeg
    IMG_6685.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
Follow the instructions in the video kindly supplied above.

This is really helpful thanks. The boiler relay unit is showing the green light on which is odd as the boiler is still not triggering.

Have you done anything to the unit ?
Show us pics of boiler

The boiler just shows 00, waiting for a signal from the unit. Thermostat appears to have binded ok. Programmer is set as usual but the green lights on it (between Extra Hour and Override buttons) aren’t coming on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 25
It would appear that your programmer isn't doing anything as it should. If you change the slider position from" run " to the other positions / selections ,I assume nothing changes ,no green lights ?
How long was power off for, and what did you do when power was restored?

Yes, that’s right. No matter what position those sliders are in, the heating/HW stays off. I was out at the time and so the power was off for a maximum of about 3 hours. Interestingly, even though the power had come back on once I was home, I didn’t notice this issue until the evening when the heating was due to come on. I noticed it was cold so went to check and the programmer had reset it’s clock and all it’s timings. So I set them all but nothing happened and it’s been like this since.

Sounds like the programmer has gone faulty. If you was not at home when power went off ,and it was on when you returned,how did you know it had been off ?

Sorry, power was off when I got home and I powered it back on. That’s how I knew.

I did wonder if it was the programmer. Could it be that it being off for a few hours has caused some kind of lasting issue?

Is there a reset button on the programmer? Have you turned the supply off and on again?

Yes, I powered the system off and on again but it hasn’t helped.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sounds like either programmer knackered or voltage incorrect. If you can get some test equipment and know how to use it or call someone in?

Attachments

• 74D0D566-10FA-4A76-81D5-13ACB13BBE79.jpeg
    74D0D566-10FA-4A76-81D5-13ACB13BBE79.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 21

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back