Heating pump failure Need replacement ASAP Viessmann Ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, we lost all hydraulic fluid from the heating circuit on a Viessmann Vitodens 200..... I was surprised to find there is no thermal cut out on the pump motor, so due to the lack of water its overheated cooked itself. Anyone know if these spares are available off the shelf on the relative hurry up ? :(

After giving it all a good staring at ;) I guess it is possible for us to replace the pump & valve with something generic & commercially available, but I would like a plug & play fix. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Viessmann parts are only available from them in Telford whenever they reopen probably 2nd January 2010. They never seem very quick to respond!

The pump head is probably the same as some generic version but would need to be placed side to side to compare.

With a system boiler it would probably be possible to place another externally but to do that you might need a little boiler knowledge.

Tony

It has the "Grundfos" logo on it as well as Viessmann, & the casing looks remarkably similar to the head off their range of regular pumps...... So I'm off down to screwfix tomorrow to see if I can cannibalise something. Its disappointing that a simple thermal switch hasn't been incorporated within the windings ...... Would cost all of 50p more at manufacture.

Of course this might all come to nothing, but I'll give it a go......... I get the feeling Viessmann are going to try & bleed me for one of their "Official" pumps tho.......But that's just me being negative ;)

Yuletide Felicitations & all that :LOL:

Jonny, if you get a fully qualified time-served guy in to have a look at it, he may be able to 'clean the can' on your Grundfos circulator head.

Sponsored Links
theres those that know

then therere are those that think they know

then there is those that dont know they dont know

then you start askin :idea:

Jonnys heating works again with a bit of ingenuity & a prevailing wind of good fortune ...... & Kevscum has demonstrated to one & all that he really is what many have suspected all along...

Thanks for your input Tony :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back