Heating setting and trv query

Would it also be any use putting a cleaner in the system for a week or so?

Other than putting the TRVs on the low end and giving the system a clean, would there be anything else you could advise me to look at/do?

Sponsored Links
With an open vent system the chances are about 10 to 1 that a bottle of cleaner would not go amiss.
Hyperflush can stay in for a month. Stop tank from filling, drain off 2 buckets, poor bottle in tank, turn tank supply back on.
For second step, see faq

cheers for this.

I'll put the cleaner in following your instructions, leave it for a however long, drain down, swap TRV on the rads so that they are ALL on the flow side and then refill with fresh inhibitor.

Does that sounds a good plan or should I be doing anything else?

Cheers

...I'll put the cleaner in following your instructions, leave it for a however long, drain down...

Very important: you need to do well more than drain down and refill.

1. Drain every last drop you can. (no funny remarks please)
2. Refill, run until all rads are getting a bit warm, and drain again.
3. Repeat process until you can see the bottom of a 10-litre bucket with what comes out of it.
4. Add sufficient inhibitor of a good make to the tank, refill system and run heating and cylinder for several hours.
5. Bleed repeatedly.

Use only top quality brand chemicals.

Sponsored Links
regarding the noisy rads drop a spirit level on the rad and make sure its either level or that the air tap is at the highest end , if not there is always going to be air trapped no matter how much you bleed it . if this the case either level the rad or swop the air taps round . with you recently having drained and refilled to have new trv fitted this could well be the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back