Noisy TRV Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Recently moved property and have oil fired central heating. When some rooms are nearing TRV setting the valve makes a loud noise, like a jack hammer. At the mo trying to monitor which radiators TRV's are noisy.

The 2 noisy ones identified so far have TRV's fitted to output of radiator although it looks as if these are 2 way TRV's.

Have turned down pump speed, no improvement.

When system starts from cold no noise present, only noisy as I said when temps are up to near set temperatures.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Well, I`d fit them on the flow, but others here may have more faith in "2way" valves ...personaly I think they`re just for ease/speed of installation, when you don`t have to think about pipework layout :LOL:

Most 2-way TRV's are supposed to "sense" which way the flow is. But some of the cheaper versions don't handle this very well and start banging when they start to close. Better TRV's, (like the new Danfoss) have a manual setting that works much better. If you have the Danfoss one, you can manually alter the flow direction. If you don't have it, change it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back