heating slow to get to temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a ferroli combi boiler. Its a good 10 years old but is still going strong.

Have switched it on after the summer and the heating is being weird. I switch on and it will heat for a time but them go on and off. The system eventually gets to temperature after a time but isn't very hot when it does.

I've bleed the radiators, checked water pressure etc.

My bolier man is in Gran canria until Wednesday so I thought I would ask and see if I could fix myself

The water is perfect btw heats very hot without cutting out.

Thanks

Jason

Sponsored Links
Without knowing the flow and return temperatures I dont have any ideas to suggest to you.

I assume you have set the CH temperature correctly on the boiler?

The whole method of fault diagnosis relies on testing and not guesswork!

Tony

lol i haven't set anything just seeing if there was anything i'd missed that i could try to see if it works.

The only thing I can think of is about 2 weeks ago I had the water temperature sensor changed as this was faulty don't know if this could have caused the issue or if its seperate.

looks like i might have to wait until wednesday :)

Ok further symptoms :) my boiler guy is back today so won't be long now :)

Monday night and Tuesday morning the system worked perfectly and I was warm :) after this the boiler lights and stays on like the system is heating the water but no radiators are heating at all they just all stay cold.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back