Heating system air in pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
I have to bleed my central heating pump everyday (1year old) as it makes a noise and stops the boiler from firing up. The central heating is off at the mo, but the hot water is on. Does anyone know why this might be and why is it only the pump being bleed fixes the issue temporarily.... I bought a bottle air valve, but am now now sure this will sort the issue or where to fit it. Please help. Thanks Rich

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sealed system or open vent (with small feed and expansion tank in loft)?
What type of boiler, make, model, combi, system or open vent?
What pump, and how is it mounted (photo would be useful)?
Air clearly getting into system, but where from may be different depending on type of system.

IMG_2590.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2593.JPG
IMG_2594.JPG
IMG_2595.JPG
Yes tank in loft. Boiler firebird kitchen series oil fired. Grunfoss pump mounted upstairs in bathroom airing cupboard. Photos attached, thanks

Why is the feed capped off?

Pump sucking air from vent?

Who has worked on this system last and when?

Andy

Sponsored Links
This is how it's been since we moved in 5 years ago. Nothing other than a new pump fitted, by me,

your pics are not very clear, normally zone valves are installed on the flow pipework, if yours are then you have installed your pump upside down as it is pumping away from the zone valves.

I replaced the pump the same direction as the one that came off. And the air in pump problem has only been happening for the last six months. I thought it might be one of the zine valves as the boiler kicks in every so often when nothing is on, making me think the valves are asking for heat. But am not sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back