Heating system design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need some advice on a new build approaching 1st fix stage. I want 4 zone underfloor heating plus 2 zones for radiaters and a pressurised hot water cylinder. My question is can an underfloor heating manifold also be used to supply the two additional radiater zones or even the cylinder? Or will I have to use seperate motorised valves for the heating zones and cylinder? I have had a very confusing quote from a plumber and the cost is eye watering so I need to understand what can and cant be done before getting additional quotes.

Many thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
You can run rads off the manifold but bare in mind the UFH circuit is blended down to a lower temp that a traditional radiator system so theyll need to be larger

Easiest would be a zone valve operating each of UFH, rads and cylinder

Pretty basic really maybe hes not great at explaining im sure hell be willing to answer your questions rather than lose the job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back