Fitting a new Vaillant System boiler Need urgent help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: :confused:

Hi all
This is my first post here. So I hope I get it all right first time.

I have a Bungalow with an existing heating system which I now want to upgrade with a Vaillant EcoTec 624 boiler and Unistor 210.
I have 6 Radiators and 2 Zones with underfloor heating.
I will have to manifolds 1 for the underfloor heating and one for the radiators. Both manifolds will be coupled via a Thermo device that will have a flow temp in the radiator manifold of 75 and on the floorheating manifold of 45 degree celsius.
My main question is the technical parts I need from Vaillant to control all parts.
My idea is to use a VRC430f VR65 VR61 and VR81
I want the 430f to control one of the underfloor heating zones, the VR81 the other underfloor zone. The other rooms don't need a controller as they have electronic valves on the radiators. The VR65 is just the control unit for all other parts.
The VR61 is a bit of a puzzle.
I hope I get this right. If I understand this correct I should be able to control the Unistor 210 and 2 other zones (the underfloor ones) with this unit in conjunction with the 430 f and VR81. Point being on the manifold for the underfloor heating I have electric valves that will open and close if 230V are being switched or not.
Is this right???

Hope someone understands what I have written and can answer me.

Thx Ian
:oops:

Sponsored Links
you've got it right, apart from the VR65 - you don't need that ;)

edit - wrong No :oops:

[Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:17 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you've got it right, apart from the VR65 - you don't need that

edit - wrong No
]

What part is wrong?
Thx Ian[/quote]

Sponsored Links
I :oops: originally put VR61 - This is the correct one for your needs, you don't need a VR65

I :oops: originally put VR61 - This is the correct one for your needs, you don't need a VR65

I thought that the VR65 is the main part you need when using the VRC430F as per vaillant. SO I assume the VR61 replaces the VR65 to do the same function and more?

Thx Ian

hmm
now I am getting even a bit more confused.
The Unistor how would that be connected to the system via the VR61?
Do I need now also a VR 40 and a VR 10?
And last but not least VR 81 will do one room with the underfloor heating and VCR 430F will do the other room with the underfloor heating
As the other rooms all have TVR's on the radiators will the system recognise if the flow temp is below and the boiler has to go on?
WOW this getting complicated now. At least for me.

Thx Ian

Update

So there are actually 3 Zones plus the Unistore. Can that be done???

Thx Ian

Perhaps you are sufficiently remote to be able to ignore legislation.

But in the UK you need to be gas registered to fit boilers and have a particular qualification to fit unvented cylinders and both need to be notified to Building Control or whatever you call it there.

Tony

Perhaps you are sufficiently remote to be able to ignore legislation.

But in the UK you need to be gas registered to fit boilers and have a particular qualification to fit unvented cylinders and both need to be notified to Building Control or whatever you call it there.

Tony

It will be a Corgi registered Heating engineer who will install the system but I am buying it as he is not very familiar with Vaillant system. I just want to make sure I buy all the right stuff and also don't over buy. The only problem I have at the moment is the technical stuff from Vaillant as within the PDF files there is a lot of confusion. At east for me.

I need something that can control my system the way it is set up.
If someone needs some plans the way it is set up I maybe can post them here to have a better understanding of what is needed. Just not familiar how i can add a screenshot or so.

Thx Ian

It might be better having an installer who is more familiar with Vaillant systems although I appreciate there is not a huge choice where you are.

Its not helping that you have a system which is so "bitty" as greatly increases the complication of controlling it.

Most controls are designed for a simple system!

Tony

It might be better having an installer who is more familiar with Vaillant systems although I appreciate there is not a huge choice where you are.

Its not helping that you have a system which is so "bitty" as greatly increases the complication of controlling it.

Most controls are designed for a simple system!

Tony

And that is the problem mate. Living on an Island and no one except the guy I have now coming to the Island. That is tricky and therefore I am here to see if I can get this problem sorted.

Thx Ian

The electronic radiator valves will be a problem, if you use the vr61 the boiler is controlled through the ebus connection, you cannot use the 240v connections on the boiler, the vr61 can control 2 zones and the hot water via 2 port valves (using 240v ) but the control comes from the 430f and the 81 again using the ebus, I wouldent use the vaillant controls for your system, it would be simpler to adapt the honeywell s plan and use 240v switching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back