Heating System Flushing After Modifications - Old System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, I'm a long time lurker on here and now finally registered :D

So apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it...

I am about to relocate and replace some radiators on an existing 40 year old vented heating system. The modifications will require soldering-in new copper pipework, and I would therefore like to flush/clean/neutralise the flux the in the system for recommissioning after the work is completed.

Can anybody tell me what the best (DIY!) way to do this on an old system is? Is something like Sentinel X300 suitable for this application, or is it too aggressive for use in an old system? The instructions state that it is for use in new systems/systems up to 6 months old.

Thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
when you drain down, do not allow the f&e tank to drain down with it, disconnect it and bang it out if you can.

examine the quality of water that comes out when you drain.

profit.

I would say that X300 is exactly what you should use!

Having said that most of the installers on this site dont use i!

Thats assuming the system is reasonably clean to begin with.

Tony

Thanks for the helpful replies folks!

So the X300 isn't likely to cause me major headaches like leaks all over the place or suchlike?

As I understand it is mainly intended to remove mineral oil contamination/neutralise flux from new components/pipework.

Following the X300 flush, would I be wise to run X400 in the system for a couple of weeks after recommissioning, then drain, flush and refill with X100 inhibitor?

Thanks again,

Dave

Sponsored Links
If the system is reasonable clean to begin with you dont need anything apart from the X100 after you have drained a couple of times.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back