Heating thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced my danfoss ts7899 programmer with a neomitis RF wireless thermostat. Do I need to remove my dt90 room thermostat which was connected to my boiler and danfoss programmer in order for my new neomitis thermostat to work.

Sponsored Links
Up to you, you can turn up to maximum and let the neomitis take over, join the wires up, or trace wires back and remove.

Up to you, you can turn up to maximum and let the neomitis take over, join the wires up, or trace wires back and remove.
My new thermostat is not switch the heating on so was wondering it could be bacuse of the old thermostat that is wired into the boiler.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
My new thermostat is not switch the heating on so was wondering it could be bacuse of the old thermostat that is wired into the boiler.
If it’s wired to the boiler, then yes. If it’s part of a motorised valve setup, then as I’ve suggested. All you will have done is bypass the programmer with the neomitis.

Sponsored Links
If you were to disconnect the old thermostat, then the heating wiring would be permanently 'open circuit' and the heating won't operate. So either the DT90 would need to be left wired up and set to max as per @CBW, in which case you would always have to maintain the batteries in it. Or....

....Join the two switching wires that are in DT90 terminals A and B together.

135594-c9366d740cd17a251519de9ddfc88bf3.jpg

This can be done at the thermostat simply by putting both wires in the same terminal. The thermostat would still be in place but have no effect on the heating and you won't have to maintain the batteries. Alternatively you could trace the thermostat cable back to its source and link the connections there. Then the DT90 and the cable to it can then be removed.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back