Heating woes! Slow heating, wrong Pump direction and Boiler cyling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having various problems with my heating over the past year or so, mostly slow heating, occasional boiler cut outs and continual problems with air in my rads / system. I've had automatic air vents renewed by the plumber and fitted self bleeding valves to all radiators myself.

Last week my plumber came round as our 3 port valve and head were knackered and the heating kept sticking on. He replaced the valve and head and advised me that somebody had installed the CH pump upside down. That somebody was him coincidentally around the time when our heating started playing up.

He has appologised and rotated the pump to the correct flow direction but I'm having new problems. The system is now slower to heat the house despite the rads seeming hot and I am getting very short cycling on my boiler, on for 30seconds to a minute or 2 and then off for a few mins.

Could my pump be shot? Or something else.
He's just been round to service the boiler and there is no improvement now he has left and its apparently just cut out again (I'm not at home).

I Think I need to have a conversation since I paid for Air Vents, and Valves which I feel were only required due to his mistake.

Its an awkward situation as I don't know if the problems are a result of the pump mistake or just normal boiler issues.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back