Heating woes...

It's a friend of mine, who lives a couple of doors down. He cooks with gas, his shower comes off the boiler, he has his heating on 2 hours more than us per day, and lives in exactly the same type of house as us.

Thanks for all of your input, I guess there isn't an obvious thing to check like I thought there'd be, it just seems strange as it's so much higher...

just a thought
the way you are referring to "him" makes it look as though there is only one person in his house
whereas your us of the word "us" implies there's more people in yours
so if that's the case.............

Matt

Ha! Seems obvious now you point it out... But twice as much? The only difference should be shower time which doubles. Food cooking should be near enough the same...

You're probably right.

My folks are much lower than us too though. There's no definitive answer. Thanks for the input mate.

Sponsored Links
Ha! Seems obvious now you point it out... But twice as much? The only difference should be shower time which doubles. Food cooking should be near enough the same...

It all adds up mate, your mate probably uses the microwave more then your good woman does
My folks are much lower than us too though. There's no definitive answer. Thanks for the input mate.

They are older and wiser and probably more efficient at saving energy than you, it comes with age mate, they certainly wont use as much energy as you two

This is our first house, so would appreciate some advice about best practice for keeping costs down, or any suggestions on the first thing to think about to be sure our setup is running efficiently...

well as its yer first house I take it you are both a youthful couple, your probably both still attractive to each other so

sharing a bath/shower will save money and give other benefits!!!
buy some tealights/candles and a bottle of wine and turn off the lights
little bit of background music.............;)

Matt

It all adds up mate, your mate probably uses the microwave more then your good woman does

They are older and wiser and probably more efficient at saving energy than you, it comes with age mate, they certainly wont use as much energy as you two

This is our first house, so would appreciate some advice about best practice for keeping costs down, or any suggestions on the first thing to think about to be sure our setup is running efficiently...

well as its yer first house I take it you are both a youthful couple, your probably both still attractive to each other so

sharing a bath/shower will save money and give other benefits!!!
buy some tealights/candles and a bottle of wine and turn off the lights
little bit of background music.............;)

Matt

Hahaha.

Once again, seems obvious when you point it out!
I'll put these suggestions to the missus.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back