heating wont turn off with time clock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi . my problem is, my heating all of a sudden will not turn off from my time clock .. if i turn the clock to off(danfoss digital 2 channel) the boiler remains on, so to turn the boiler on and off i have to use the fused switch below my clock .. i have tried replacing the clock and its still the same , now im wondering if it has anything to do with the room wall stats.. its like the mains power is going straight to the boiler without listening to what the clocks say lol ... is there a simple answer to as what this problem is??

Dylan

Sponsored Links
ah! so its one of the motorised valves? i take it that they need to be working so they send the correct signal back to the clock??
Thanks for that :)

Sponsored Links
This happened in my mate's place. It was caused by kids at a party turning up the frost stat in the back bedroom. Everyone had forgotten it was even there. Check if you've got one and see if it's connecting.

so is the micro switch another name for the motorised valve? and about the room stats .. could one of those also be faulty?... im actually an oftec engineer but when it comes to electrics im a bit lost ... i can do lots of little electrical work but troubleshooting for electrical problems draws me to a blank at times lol

I won't suggest a multimeter then.

Change the actuator and try it, or get a sparky to test.

yeah .. i thought if it was something straight forward or if it was a common problem i could sort it ... it was weird cause if ya put the clock to OFF the heating just continues like it disregards the clock , the only way to turn it off is by the fused switch below it .. i was thinking either the wall stats or motorised valve ... thanks for all the help guys :)
p.s. anything i can help with ill be more than glad to return the favour

ha ha ha nothing like a black bush lol ... southern comfort on the other hand ..well i had a very bad experience back in the day ... drank a full bottle when i was camping aged 17 ... bad bad bad lol the very smell now scares the f*** outta me lol

so is the micro switch another name for the motorised valve? and about the room stats .. could one of those also be faulty?... im actually an oftec engineer but when it comes to electrics im a bit lost ... i can do lots of little electrical work but troubleshooting for electrical problems draws me to a blank at times lol

So the standards required for gaining Oftec "Technician " status,are as abysmally low as in England then. :rolleyes:

absolutely lol ... the only thing i get p*****d off at is that there are soo many cowboys and the sad thing is .. they are actually oftec reg ... the number of jobs ive been to , to fix a botched job by so called oftec technicians is unreal ... it really needs policed more ... but what can 1 do ??

Dylan - the fact that you mention "wall stats" in the plural suggests than one of them could be a frost stat. A turned up frost stat would bypass the programmer and turn on the heating regardless of the time of day. Only switching off at the fused spur would kill it. If one of your stats is in a place more prone to cold than the rest of the house check it out. It might save you a lot of time (& cash).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back