Heating zones in new build advise pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just reserved a new build house and part of that process was being talked through the drawings for the electricals, drains, materials etc.

On the electrical drawings there is only 1 thermostat for the whole house in the hall at the bottom of the stairs, I was under the impression building regs required 2 zones of heating requiring 2 thermostats?

The salesman when questioned said no it didn't, is he correct and will it get signed off by building control. The whole estate will be the same. The heating is by a gas powered combi with radiators.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the size of the house, but it's not your concern whether it's going to be signed off by Building Control or not - they won't be able to sell it to you until it is, so it has to be correct. If it's greater than 150m² total floor area then two zones are required

Depends on the size of the house, but it's not your concern whether it's going to be signed off by Building Control or not - they won't be able to sell it to you until it is, so it has to be correct. If it's greater than 150m² total floor area then two zones are required
Thanks for the reply, it's less than 150m2. I though that sizing was regarding the requirement for seperate timers?

Obviously you know more than me but I was going off this document endorsed by Honeywell https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjALegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1qgz5fnBOtp0tPQ7Tuk6nM

Sponsored Links
The style du jour these days is TRVs everywhere except in the hallway (where the stat tends to get put). If you want more control, the easiest way now seems to be Bluetooth or WiFi TRVs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back