heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler does not ignite when heating is called for on the programmer but the boiler ignites when hot water is called for can someone help please.

Sponsored Links
then you need to check the stat, motorised valve, etc.

what system is it ?

I have checked the stat and this is working .A friend suggested this problem could be the motorised valve so i have changed the motor in the actuator but has not made any difference,I get heat to the rads if i select heating on the actuator . my system is a conventional gravity fed system with a baxi solo pf boiler

Sponsored Links
That was a bit dim of me but no i have not got a multi meter do you think it could be the pcb is that what i would need the multi meter for.

i think its a micro switch inside the actuator.

the new motor you put on is it working ok ?

The new motor seems to be acting the same as the one i have replaced.gives hot water ok but does not switch over to heating unless i manually do it

so your saying that when the heating is turned on at the programmer, wall stat turned up, you don't get boiler/pump fire up.

when you push the lever across on the valve has it got resistance on it ?
then once lever is pushed across by hand the boiler/pump fire up ?

this is where you need a multi meter or tester.

your motor is not winding across when needed.
you have fitted a new motor so count that out.

would say you've got a faulty micro switch or board inside the valve.

Thanks for your help on this a friend has a multi meter i can borrow but i think your right that it is the micro switch which will mean i will have to purchase the whole actuator as against just changing the motor .

when you tried this was it with just the heating on at programmer and hw off ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back