Heatintg System not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler: Baxi Solo WM50/4
Pump: 1 Month old Grundfos UPS2 50/60
Programmer: Potterton EP2000

Problem: Had the heating on and was working fine, has been working fine for around a month since the Pump was replaced with a brand new Grundfos UPS2 by a certified installer.

However it started getting cold and i noticed the radiators had no heat, went down and had a look at the boiler, only the pilot light was on. Checked the pump and there was no lights on the speed indicator lights, checked the themostat and it was calling for heat. Checked the programmer and wierdly it was switched off. So i then checked the fuse box and the central heating fuse had tripped, so i reset it.

Switched on the programmer, turned up the thermostat and the boiler kicked in. Few mins later i hear loud banging noises from the pump. Go back down and boiler is off (pilot on). Turned the themostat down then back up, it fired the boiler back up but then the same loud noises came back on the pump, and there are no lights on the pump to indicate the speed like there used to be.

Any ideas? Had the pump broke, tripped the electrics and needs replaced?

If so presume id be covered by the fact its a month old... ill call them tomorrow but wanted any opinions.

Ta

Sponsored Links
It does sound as if the pump has failed.

Your situation depends on who fitted it and their attitude to these fai;ures.

Tony

Boiler: Baxi Solo WM50/4
Pump: 1 Month old Grundfos UPS2 50/60
Programmer: Potterton EP2000

Problem: Had the heating on and was working fine, has been working fine for around a month since the Pump was replaced with a brand new Grundfos UPS2 by a certified installer.

However it started getting cold and i noticed the radiators had no heat, went down and had a look at the boiler, only the pilot light was on. Checked the pump and there was no lights on the speed indicator lights, checked the themostat and it was calling for heat. Checked the programmer and wierdly it was switched off. So i then checked the fuse box and the central heating fuse had tripped, so i reset it.

Switched on the programmer, turned up the thermostat and the boiler kicked in. Few mins later i hear loud banging noises from the pump. Go back down and boiler is off (pilot on). Turned the themostat down then back up, it fired the boiler back up but then the same loud noises came back on the pump, and there are no lights on the pump to indicate the speed like there used to be.

Any ideas? Had the pump broke, tripped the electrics and needs replaced?

If so presume id be covered by the fact its a month old... ill call them tomorrow but wanted any opinions.

Ta
Was the pump new or a reconditioned one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back