Heatline C24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm Gas Safe Registered. Been to a Heatline C24 to investigate Luke warm DHW.
It seems ok at the sinks (kitchen and bathroom), but from the bath the DHW pipe at the CHB goes very cool indeed.
I've isolated the Bath Cold water but the same thing occurred so I'm presuming the mixer is ok. When the flow rate is very low there is not a problem. The previous engineer claimed to have replaced the plate 2 plate but I'm not so sure without taking it off(this was about 3 weeks ago).
Can't think of anything else, are there any idiosyncrasies with this heap of junk I'm not aware of...checked return filter before pump...are there any more?

Sponsored Links
Its only a small 24 kw boiler check with a flow cup the flow and temp rise and compare to manufacturers spec. Its probs working ok and the bath tap is running to fast.
Have you gas rated it?

Its only a small 24 kw boiler check with a flow cup the flow and temp rise and compare to manufacturers spec. Its probs working ok and the bath tap is running to fast.
Have you gas rated it?

Thanks Baz, I haven't gas rated it but I did increase B.P. as it was about 4mb. The problem only seems to be with the bath mate. the dhw pipe just goes very cool

Hi all,

With most old houses or with property's that have problems with baths, is that, the bath was piped up in 22mm. So, the volume of water is too much. I have to educate clients to throttle back the bath tap, or, they have to pay to reduce to 15mm as much as possible back to boiler.

Suggest you register to join the "Combustion Chamber." GSR guys shouldn't advice gas related advicde in public forums as per the guidelines of this site....

Sponsored Links
If the mixer on the bath is a catridge type mixer with a control in the centre it`s probably that. (cartridge).By the way, as for not giving any advice on gas related issues unless you are a gas engineer, most information is supplied to you via your appliance manual anyway,including fault finding if it`s a boiler. :rolleyes:

If the mixer on the bath is a catridge type mixer with a control in the centre it`s probably that. (cartridge).By the way, as for not giving any advice on gas related issues unless you are a gas engineer, most information is supplied to you via your appliance manual anyway,including fault finding if it`s a boiler. :rolleyes:

Chantelle, as I've already mentioned, the cw to the bath was isolated so it can't be drawing through there. As I've already mentioned ...again...I'm GSR and once again...there is no manual. That's why I'm here, in case one of my peers can Assist me, as most of us have over the years in here.

Bloo, you done seem to have realised that the forum rules prevent us discussing gas/combustion related matters here!

That is clearly explained in the forum rules which you are deemed to have read. They are even highlighted in red !

The closed CC section of this forum is for gas registered people.

Also most manuals can be downloaded from the internet.

Tony

Bloo, you done seem to have realised that the forum rules prevent us discussing gas/combustion related matters here!

That is clearly explained in the forum rules which you are deemed to have read. They are even highlighted in red !

The closed CC section of this forum is for gas registered people.

Also most manuals can be downloaded from the internet.

Tony
Tony please mate, i can't find the bleeding place so ease up, no one should be bawled out in public...I'll find it thanx

http://freeboilermanuals.com/heat_line_1.htm

Manual is here.

....gas rate
....measure flow
....measure temp rise
....report back

Why would you start stripping filters out etc before establishing the basics?

The cartridge must have gone if Chantelle says it has, shes knows her stuff :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
Thanks for the heads up on where to get the manual.
The basics barring the gas rate were done baz, I do do the basics a blocked filter where ever will give such a problem. The tap is not the issue, like I said the cold to that tap was ..isolated...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back