Heatline Capriz cuts out at 50 in CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post. I've been plumbing for years and have mechanical/diagnostic back ground. I've recently done my acs after working with a very competent Gas engineer for 12 months foc.

I now work on my own and do a lot of landlord checks/boiler repairs. I work on all makes and models and I'm starting to get confident on diagnosing faults. I don't charge if I get it wrong and have not so far been unable to repair a boiler

Last week I had a heatline C24 with no power. I went for the pcb, which turned out to faulty! As did the next one! Thank you Plumbase. It was the pcb and the customer understood it was a parts issue.

Yesterday I went to a Heatline Capriz that cuts out @ 50 in CH. The pump continues to pump for a short while and then re-fires when the temp lowers. I first thought it was the CH thermistor, I had a new one in the van so changed that, even though the reading across it seemed ok. I then fitted a new diverter valve spindle kit. It did seem slightly worn and dirty. Still the same fault.

I've checked the rads are all open, the pump is working fine "I haven't removed it to check the impeller though" I've checked over heat stats, gas pressure flow and return temps- both Luke warm. All the rads are Luke warm which to me suggests that the boiler thinks it only has to achevie 50, which it does and it's acting and running correctly apart from the temp issue.

I've read in the MI's that switch 6 on the pcb can be set to allow the boiler to achieve a max temp of 50. The switch is in the off postion so its not that. My question is- could the pcb be faulty and cause the issue? Or is there a circulation fault?

Sorry if I've rambled on. I've picked up quite a bit on here. Agile seems to be brilliant

Regards

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan,

I have done. Can I move the topic there ?

Regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back