Heatline capriz 25 error message

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Heatline Capriz 25 installed in one of my properties which before anyone tells me how much of a piece of **** they are I know ha. Boiler got serviced last week, all fine then yesterday my tenant told me there was a slight leak on radiator. I went round and dropped system and changed radiator valve and topped up system then bled all radiators and topped back up to 1.5 bar. Heating and hot water works fine but since the systems been dropped and topped back up error message 30 and 50 lights are on which is fault on CH sensor and fault on Outdoor sensor in the manual. I have tried resetting boiler but it does no get rid of error messages. Is there anything I could check before I get someone to look at it as everything is working and they error message have only come up since I dropped the system ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Anyone please or going to cal someone out today and do not want it to be something really easy to fix ?

I don't have a manual in front of me but common sense is saying to check where these sensors connect to the circuit board. It could be wet or maybe a plug or some wires have pulled out

Sponsored Links
Just had British Gas out as I am covered under the Homecare agreement and he is saying that where light 30 and 50 are in red that's not a error only when they are flashing. I think this is wrong as it has got a caution sign on it. The noise in boiler he is saying is the heat exchange with sludge in so it needs a power flush before it covered. I said could there not be sludge on the sensors and he said if there is its not covered as it need a powerflush. He never done anything and just said it needs a power flush, surely there is a fault and something can be done before I need a powerflush. Any ideas before I phone back up as they are still happy to take my money ?

Just read Manual and it does have to be flashing, any ideas about the noise in boiler sounding like a aeroplane at times ?

An aeroplane noise on a conventional burner boiler is usually a lime scaled main heat exchanger as the boiler modulates back too slowly!

That required a chemical clean of the HE and normal power flushing will not cure it.

Tony

An aeroplane noise on a conventional burner boiler is usually a lime scaled main heat exchanger as the boiler modulates back too slowly!

That required a chemical clean of the HE and normal power flushing will not cure it.

Tony

Thanks for reply. How do you chemical clean the Heat exchange, by adding Fernox F3 cleaner ?

The system has just had a repair and had to be refilled (radiator valve leaking) . All radiators was bled but the boiler was not, I asked the engineer could the boiler need bleeding he said no definitely not but I have just read manual and t says air must be vented from the boiler pump vent. Could air in boiler be making this noise ?

Can anyone please advise what might work on this. I am thinking of putting Fernox f3 in the system then leaving it a while then draining and filling a few times. After this is done adding Fernox F2 silencer and F1 inhibitor to see if this resolves the problem.

Is this a ok way to use these chemical and is there anything I should know to watch out for with these chemical ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back