heatline C28 boiler

GV1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was having an overpressure problem on my heatline c28 boiler, The presuure would go above 3 bar and water would dribble from the overflow whilst the boiler was in central heating mode, then once the central heating was switched off the pressure would drop to below 1 bar, I would have to use the filling loop to get the pressure back up to the working range, Having had a few cowboys around I thought I would get the boiler repaired by british gas and take out a service contract afterwards. The british gas engineer fixed the problem the expansion chamber needed topping up. However he cancelled the contract because he could not find GC number for our boiler on his system and there was no gc number on the id plate inside the boiler. The plate states that the boiler is a C28 model however he said it was a condense C28 surely they are the same? Heatline have been no help at all and there help line is 60p a minute

Sponsored Links
Okay It doesn't look like I'm going to get anywhere on this one, Buton a second point, I,m going to be getting a shower fitted in the near future and was hoping to run it from the combi boiler, From the looks of things I may have to get a new boiler put in some time soon does anybody have any reccomedations of what boiler is the most reliable?

Don't know what cowboys you had round there but it's very common for the expansion vessel to loose pressure in my (exp)
Was these the cheapest cowboys you could find?
Heatline is a cheap b&q boiler

Valliant , Worcester Vissman. <nice in my point of view
Heatline, ferroli. (Stay away)

However someone can spend £xxxxx amounts of money on a boiler the best you can get what it comes down to is installing the boiler correctly
On a clean system, right gas pipe size ect
Cut corners and you cut your own throat
Good luck with it

Your boiler is fine!

All you need is a competent engineer.

I am sure the BG nupty could have got help from their helpline!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The bg guy may have been a jobsworth but I asked our neighbour who said the installer was fine if she had the manuals, she did turns out the manuals are for a c24/c30 boiler even though the model on the plate inside said a c28, guess what no gc number in the manual.next time I'm going to bg and let them sort out the problems, I really dont mind paying top prices if I get decent service. you really dont want to hear about my recent visit from a homeserve "engineer" it ended up with a RIDA from the guy he called out and my floor boards are totally knackred
but i will tell the whole story via pm if pushed. I guess i'm that guy off the fast show "unlucky alf" or does everyone feel the same?

BG are generally better than Homeserve who have some real muppets.

But many in the trade still think you get far better service from a good independent.

You only get them by personal recomendation.

Fellow today said his mother did not pass on my number to anyone as she doesn't want me to be too busy to help her when she needs me !

Fellow today said his mother did not pass on my number to anyone as she doesn't want me to be too busy to help her when she needs me !

For £84 quid an hour she can have you as long as she likes Tony.

Does that include food every 8 hours, or is it an extra. :LOL:

Its £84 as a fixed price however long.

So she gets me for as long as it takes!

She is very smart !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back