heatline boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a heatline c28 boiler, with no manual.. the hot water is fine but when you fire up the central heating, it fires up and the temp goes straight to 80 degress and then it cuts out, so its not giving enough time for the rads to get warm.any ideas please

Sponsored Links
The CH power has probably not been set by the installer and that will encourage your problem.

However, first you should check the rads are all turned on.

If thermostatic valves, they may have stuck of the off position during the summer.

Tony

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, yes all valves on rads are fine and working, it seems to be something wrong in the boiler, it was working ok for ages, then just packed up. we have hot water, but when you turn the central heating on (switch on the boiler) the boiler will fire up as it should but only runs for about 30 seconds then cuts off as all the red lights on the front come on straight up to 80 degrees. maybe a some sort of thermostat stuck in boiler??

Sponsored Links
I am surprised that it runs for as long as 30 seconds then.

As Kev says the diverter valve has failed. If you remove the motor head you can see if the gland has been leaking. If so that usually spoils the motor.

As always running heating every week for five mins keeps things moving!

Tony

got someone here looking at it but he cant do a lot without the manual, he says he doesnt think its the diverter valve.

Anyone who needs a manual to sort out a simple problem like this is not very clever.

Particularly when we have said that it sounds like a failed diverter valve.

Why did he come without the instructions if he needs them so badly.

The diverter valve can be operated manually to test.

Is he really a gas registered boiler repairer?

Tony

Hi Tony, this is starting to cheese me off mate, it has been going on for a while..landlord lives in Thailand, he arranged for the gas engineer to call and attempt to repair the boiler, he could not idntify the problem, i told him about the diverter valve and he seems to think its not that as hot water is fine and if you switch over to central heating the bolier does fire up for not for long and it goes straight to 80 degrees and cuts out after maybe 30 seconds tops..
He is going to call Heatline monday to ask their technical advisers???
It wants to be fixed very soon or im afraid thats it as far as the landlord goes with regards to me paying anymore rent!!
I appreciate everyones replies
Gary

i told him about the diverter valve and he seems to think its not that as hot water is fine and if you switch over to central heating the bolier does fire up for not for long and it goes straight to 80 degrees and cuts out after maybe 30 seconds tops..

which is EXACTLY what it will do if the diverter is stuck

:eek:

Hi Tony,

landlord lives in Thailand, he arranged for the gas engineer to call and attempt to repair the boiler, he could not idntify the problem, i told him about the diverter valve and he seems to think its not that as hot water is fine and if you switch over to central heating the bolier does fire up for not for long and it goes straight to 80 degrees and cuts out after maybe 30 seconds tops..

Gary

Thats new information for us that its a rented property!

Landlords are renown for sending the cheapest engineers they can find, often not gas registered either!

You are entitled to see evidence of his registration before letting him "work" on your boiler.

Be aware that calling Heatline is a PREMIUM rate number !!!! They dont answer very quickly either!

Next question as its rented, have you a copy of a current Gas Safety Certificate? Thats required by law !

Tony

Yeah that seems to be the case, i have emailed the landlord and told him straight, no more rent now until its fixed, and i may contact citizens advice and health and safety..
The engineer said he is going to issue a gas safety certificate as soon as the boiler is done. can but wait now and see what happens.
Appreciate all your advice though
regards, Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back