Heatline Combi Boiler Switches on and Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter is having a fault on her boiler the system is running (CH and HW). The temp lights run up to 90 then it switches itself off for approx 20 secs then relights for 20 secs then off on off on..etc.

Consequently the rads nearest the boiler get heat the others do not unless they are isolated to receive heat.

I noticed the fill loop was left in the open position (not sure if this has caused a problem) Could it be a thermostat sensor problem, the pump is running ok, the pressure is ok though it was high. System only a couple of years old.

Sponsored Links
Without checking the MIs, i would proablly be safe in saying that at 90c its overheating and triping the interlock.

I need to gt someone to determine the cuase of this.

Ignore at your pearl!

think there's a filter in one of the isolation valves. need to check this, probably blocked.

There is a filter but the fault is on both services. Either the filter and the plate are blocked or a single cause like a blocked pump.

It does not matter if the boiler isn one month old, leaving the filling valve open is going to sludge up the boiler in a few days!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The pump seems to be running ok where is the filter in the isolation valve and the plate, are they easy enough to remove/clean/replace

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back