Heatline Compact S24 90 degree flue bend section.... help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to help a friend who has this combi mounted in a kitchen larder. The requirement is to alter the existing flue from a 90 degree wall exit to a roof vented position as a conservatory is desired.

Hopefully the boiler can remain in situ (working perfectly, very nicely fitted actually), and the flue can be modified.

The problem is that this boiler is discontinued (even though it is fairly new). This is a 'C' rated boiler, and they can not use the new part apparently, so we need this part to complete the new flue design.

We have not had much success in finding this part up until now.

Sponsored Links
you'll need a RGI, the flue is, probably, the most safety critical part of any boiler. Do yourself and your friend a favour and leave it to a gas man.

you'll need a RGI, the flue is, probably, the most safety critical part of any boiler. Do yourself and your friend a favour and leave it to a gas man.

Three different RGIs wanted to replace the boiler, even though it was working correctly (it is 5 years old), due to the discontinuation of this model, and the fact that there was not enough profit in just altering the flue.

Having done some research, I have now managed to source the parts to cover safety and regs for the movement of this flue.

I understand your concern, but I have dealt with the installation of a few systems now, and I am comfortable with this project (simple D rated push fit flue).

We were just after some parts advice really, which is now sorted. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
The installation and modification of a flue is required to be done by a gas registered engineer.

I am sorry to hear that you intend to do it yourself illegally, without the training or test equipment to know if its working correctly afterwards and most importantly without hold any public liability insurance.

Your poor friend!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back