Regs for combi boiler flue on house extension

The council building inspector is NOT gas registered and will not know about those regs relating to flue positioning.

Nor should a DIYer be opening a boiler and replacing a fan!

As you have taken out BG cover I dont see why you wanted to buy your own fan anyway!

Tony

Sponsored Links
When the BG engineer visited, he mentioned he couldnt work on the boiler and check its safety without the access panel being in place.

He also mentioned that it would take 10 days to get a new fan and suggested I could use a a local 'engineer' to fit the new fan. I decided 10 days was too long to be without heat so found a new fan on the net and had it delivered the next day. Fitting it was simple as its only secured by 7 torx bolts and a block electrical connector.

Now the boiler is fixed the BG engineer will be revisiting to check the appliance is safe before taking it on with their service contract which only covers callout and labour.

it doesn't matter if the fan is only held in by an elastic band it is a part that must be only changed by a RGI it's not a diy repair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back