Heatline expansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Heatline C24 combi boiler. I have just fitted a new pressure relief valve and pressure gauge. All seemed fine until i noticed a fast drip coming from back. Upon closer inspection, it appears to be coming from expansion vessel area. Can these leak or is there anything else around that area that can leak? Also, i unscrewed the car valve type cap and pressed the pin and a gush of water came out? What does this mean?

Many thanks in advance.

Gary.

Sponsored Links
ex pan vessel needs replacing. the schreader valve may be leaking or the connection to the vessel u could fit an external one if the vessel isnt leaking

Nath

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. If connection to vessel leaking, can this be fixed? Also, if vessel leaking and knackered, can a external one be fitted independantly leaving the old one in place and disconnecting?

Cheers,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. If connection to vessel leaking, can this be fixed?

yes u may need to isolate the boiler and drain the system. but it will just be a washer that needs replacing aslong as nothing has split. you'll know when u take it off. if the vessel has split you could cap the connection to the expansion vessel. then connect a external one on the return as close as you can to the boiler

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back