Heatline Expansion Vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Heatline C24 Boiler, A long time ago the pressure was raising from 1.5 to over 3 and then total pressure lost in the morning, Problem was the expansion vessel..I pumped it up and boilers been fine for nearly a year..Recently its started doing it again..This time though it appears that the valve is leaking so its losing all pressure again....I have been reading up on external Expansion Vessel but been advised by a plummer that its not adviseable to do this and should replace the original ( of course alot more costly ) Any advises would be appreciated.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Investigate whether you can replace the schraeder valve in the nozzle of the vessel. You can get a valve and removal tool at Halfords. They are normal replaceable.
When you re-inflate the air side of the vessel it should be done with zero pressure on the water side.

andytw

Hi Andytw

Thanks for the response, I have already been told that the valve cant be replaced???????

The advice on this forum the other day to someone in a similar position was to fit an external expansion vessel, so it all depends on where you get your advice from doesn't it.
Personally I would believe that your valve can be replaced until proved wrong.
Looking at the facts as presented. The vessel is flat, you've been told the valve cannot be replaced and not to fit an external vessel. You only have one option, replace the existing vessel.

andytw

Sponsored Links
Is the Expansion Vessel bolted into place in the back of the boiler or does it just slot into place,As I can see it only seems to have one braided pipe connected to it at the back of the boiler.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back