heatline s24 boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a heatline s24 boiler fault. After turning mains power on, the fan runs constantly (doesn't time out), the fan pressure switch makes, however, the boiler doesn't fire. There is no spark. The motor unit on the 3-way valve motor unit is in poor condition due to the valve weeping. Would this cause these symptoms. Does anyone know a spares supplier who provides a descent service?
many thanks in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
sounds to be a pcb fault to me.

what you will need is a new front plug for the dv valve, new spindle for the dv valve(to stop the leak) and new dv motor

then a pcb but i would double check the air pressure switch is making and breaking correctly.

i have all them parts but live up in hartlepool

You can remove the motor head and see if the pin retracts and extends between CH and DHW demand. It may have survived but the gland must be renewed.

As always on cheaper boilers, the system was not properly cleaned and the gland will fail again unless the water is cleaned.

Doing anything to the APS is a job for a competent CORGI !

Tony

Mehran, many thanks for the response. The air pressure switch tests ok. My money is on the PCB too. I've managed to source the bits locally, thanks for the offer though.

Agile, many thanks for the advice. A CORGI man has handed me the job after going as far as he could. He obviously never checked the DV. He then gave up and contacted me to investigate/rectify a possible electrical fault. Beyond an electrical fault, I'll hand it back to a CORGI man.

Sponsored Links
I dont have time to look up each individual MI before posting advice.

However, I think that that boiler has a manual o/h stat at the back right on the primary HE.

Mehran can confirm if thats correct and if that would give that symptom.

As always, opening the combustion chamber should only be done by a gas competent person.

Tony

Right agile got me worried there and I got out the manual. If the overheat stat had gone the second light from the right would flash...

And if it simply failed to light then the no ing light would flash. Now the guy did not say about flashing lights and only that the fan is running all the time. Which makes me think it is the pcb or the boiler has gone out of sequence (the aps is not breaking)

I could be wrong tho :LOL: would not be the first time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back