Heatline S24 Compact Combi - Blowing Fuses

Thanks for the reply!!

Your probably right! This morning, before i read this reply, i rechecked the DV and put the old one back on (with new o ring bit) and i got CH but no HW. Then i noticed the boiler is firing up for about 30 seconds, doing the CH then it goes off for 15 seconds, then back on again! And my missus reminded me, bless her socks their always good at reminding you about something, that the boiler has been doing this for months now, we noticed it once while i was out in the back doing a bit of barbie cooking. So it seems it has been doing this for ages, but because we get hot rads i thought it was just the way this boiler worked!! And the HW was another problem that has just started to happen more than usual.

I will take your advice and check the plate heat exchanger, ive got some damn buster stuff here that my dad inlaw passed to me for unblocking my bath the other month i'm sure he mentioned using it to clear out his exchanger. Honestly, why the f would someone fit a system without flushing/cleaning it? Just plain bleedin rude it you ask me!

I work in IT building, supporting, fixing complex servers and if i put in a application/database/management/file server (virtual or physical) and didn't check it all worked correctly and had all it's updates/patches/security it would probably fall over with it's own version of "fitted without cleaning the system" its just part of your job!!

Anyway Tony, my task for today is to:

1) Check how to remove the heat exchanger (i have a PDF of the boiler)
2) Clean the bugger out as i reckon your bloody right and its gonna be like a 70s fondue set in there minus the sticks
3) Get it back together
4)Test and update this post with, i hope, a very big thank you!

But for the mean time, thanks for your post last night, well appreciate!!

Sponsored Links
I forgot to say that my boiler is the C28 and it has been living comfortably in my garage for 5 years!

Well i stripped the boiler down, cleaned the exchanger with that Dam Buster gear and it was pretty clean nothing really came out. Flushed it for ten mins with hosepipe so nothing else in there.

Put it all the boiler back together and the DV started to leak again! So took it back off and checked it all again, it had water inside, so dried it with hairdryer and put silicone paste round it and clipped it back together and now it doesn't leak.

Put pressure back in system and all fine no leaks!

Booted the boiler up and put on HW = Freezing cold! Ran for 10 mins still freezing! As i went to turn off the tap I brushed past my radiator in the kitchen and it was on, bloody roasting! So i turned off the tap and the radiator started to cool! At this point i was starting to cry with laughter and the missus thinks ive gone one flew over the cuckoo's or started on the sambuca early!!

So next thing i tried was switch on constant CH and the radiators fire up all nice n cosy! So i'm thinkin at least we got heating now!!

So i go back to the boiler and notice that the pressure is rising from 1.5, 1.7, 2.0, 2.5, 2.7 within ten minutes, so i switched it off before it went pop and took down my garage and then grabbed a cuppa and decided to up date this!

The missus aint too happy at the moment but at least we got a elec shower, it's just not the best thing to be using to heat the house and do the dishes with though, so something has got to start working pretty soon or crimbo is going to be spent round the neighbors :p

Pete

gingapete Did you ever get anywhere with your boiler, I have a heatline S24 and have the same symptoms as you, The heating engineer has been out 4 separate times and changed various parts but its still exactly the same, I checked the pressure in the expansion vessel out of frustration at the incompetence of the engineers the landlord sent, and its full of water so that needs replacing, ever since I moved in the filling loop has had to be cracked slightly open for the system to have pressure, and the engineer was made aware of this the very first time he visited!

I am trying to find out if that is what is causing the hot water issues and how that works, it seems strange that that would cause hot water to go hot and cold (mostly cold) but heating to work fine, as they both use the same primary heat exchanger right? also the Pressure relief valve is passing hot water outside and costing me a fortune,

I.m not sure how to proceed, i can write yet another email to my letting agent and have those jokers come out again or pay to get someone else out to do a diagnosis / report on it and send it to landlord, or diagnose it and order parts myself and demand the jokers fit them when they next come round? I'm a mechanic by trade, I could easily strip this down and fix it excluding any intricate gas valves and such, however its not my job and would not like the liability should something go wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back