Heatline vizo 24 heat exchanger probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we was getting lukewarm water from mates heatline vizo 24. I found a topic on this site which had same problem and they were advised to remove heat exchanger, flush it through etc, so i tried the same, removed exchanger, flushed it through, got lots of little black bits come out of it. Descaled it in solution for about an hour and the exchanger looked nice and clean. Put it back together and it worked fine for 2 days, we were getting hot water on a decent flow. But now we get lukewarm water, then cold, then lukewarm again. Can anyone advise on what may be the issue now and how to rectify this? Could the heat exchanger be blocked again, only after a couple of days?

Sponsored Links
Easily blocked again on a dirty system!

Have you inspected the pump imprller?

Heatline boilers are installed without cleaning the system!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony, thanks for reply. Ive not checked the impeller, could you advise how to do this? Would the domestic hot water plate heat exchanger be affeted by a non-cleaned heating system? If so is there any way to sort this out now? I think the boiler is 2 or 3 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back