Heatmiser thermostat - how to programme?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
This is my first winter on my own and I'm struggling with soooo many basics (cue: violin music). As it has now turned a bit cool I've turned my attention to warm things....but I can't for the life of me understand how to programme my heating therm. It's a stand alone beasty (probably not at all relevant) and I've tried various combinations of the buttons and end up doing more harm than good....it certainly hasn't programmed anything ! I've tried reading the booklet but it may as well be in Dutch or Chinese or bitcoin or Dalek. Please, no judgemental comments, I'm just after some plain English advice. Thanks !

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/heatmiser-thermostat.491444/#ixzz4x0ZSxuah

Sponsored Links
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...cQxa8BCCgwAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

If this doesn't help, give Heatmiser a ring when they're open and they can talk you through.

Don't feel bad, the user interface is terrible on these, we only tend to use them when:

• We need lots of zones in a house that Evohome can't work in.
  • There is going to be an app created to run the house, so the thermostats are just there for switching. (got 15 going into a house soon, and they'll never see the light of day, apart from when either new or the software writer need to set them up).

Sponsored Links
Above is a good vid to be getting on with.

H key toggles between available variables where ever you are in the thermostat settings. Use arrow keys to change variable. The A key accepts and saves settings at any moment.

Press clock button twice to change current time and day of week.

Press H to hold temperature.

You may wish to do this if you plan to go out for the day or plan to stay in for an all night party.

Set desired time to hold temp (using arrows) press H to move to temperature field and set desired temperature then press A to accept.

Many thanks - esp to those (notwithstanding the sarcastic comment Dan Robinson :) - who directed me to the youtube clips. These have been invaluable and - fingers crossed - I might actually have some heating this evening....
sincere thanks for everyone's help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back