Heatpol Towel Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got these towel heaters throughout our hotel and a couple of them randomly started leaking oil out of the bottom of them. When I had a look at them it was as if someone had been twisting the element control unit on the bottom of them and they were loose. To stop any further leaking I removed the elements altogether and drained what wasn't very much but was absolutely filthy oily water out of them and switched them off at the consumer unit.

I see that the elements appear to be replaceable parts but when I've tried to refit the two elements that I have, they simply don't seem to tighten up in the bottom of the actual radiator so I'm wondering if somebody has damaged the threads on the radiator itself when they've been fitted.

I guess what I'm trying to work out is whether I need to replace the entire towel rail/radiator and element or whether it's just the element I need to replace, and if so, do I need to refill the radiator with anything for it to work because it's empty now?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back