heatra sadia unvented system. Overflow up tundish pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Over this arctic few weeks in scotland I have been getting an overflow of water up and out of the overflow pipe at the tundish in my Megaflo tank / heating system. Whilst the outside end of the overflow pipe was frozen (maybe it still is?) I have built a wooden cover, filled with loft insulation and also fittedfoam pipe insulation. I am repeatedly placing a hot water bottle within the box and over the pipe. When feeling the end of the pipe it is wet and not dry / frozen.

However I am still getting water coming up and out of the tundish overflow pipe. I never see or feel (wet) any water from the T&P value above so can only assume the water is backing up somewhere else. Is there any ideas as to what is causing this water to backup. Initially I thought that perhapos my air gap needed recharged but not sure how I can do this if the overflow / tundish pipe is constantly full of water.

Ideas (please!)?

Sponsored Links
You need to clear the blockage, I'd still say it's ice, get a blowtorch on it outside, get it nice and hot and see if that clears it. Then recharge your air gap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back