Hedge Removal and Fencing

S

shelaghb

I know this is a bit of a tall order, but I thought it worth a try. I live in the North of England and want a Leylandii Hedge removing (8' high) and fencing panels installing.

As I have absolutely know idea what cost this would be I wonder if anyone could put me right as to how much per metre this type of works costs. There are two runs required, one 6 Metres and the other 10 Metres, with a fence about 8' high.

It is just to give me some idea what to expect from quotes.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I live in the Midlands and did almost the same thing only this week. 18 Metres of fence..

I also had to remove leylandii hedge (15') although the fence was 2 metres behind the hedge so I could put up the fence before taking down the hedge.

I used 6' feather board fence panels, 12" concrete gravel boards and 9' concrete posts.

Total cost of panels, gravel boards and posts was £400 delivered.
Cost to erect including all post concrete and a couple of extra bits to shore up a stream edge was £300 all in.

I'm removing the hedge myself. I first removed branches up to 7' then dug around the base to show any large roots. I used a bow saw to cut through the large roots and chopped the smaller roots through with a spade. Then pushed and pulled holding the tree at about the 6' mark. I was quite suprised how easy this was, Takes a bit of muscle power but nowhere near as much as I expected.

I've done 6 of the 14 so far and expect to finish the others over the weekend....takes about 30-40 mins per tree.

I have a use for the tree trunks so don't need to get rid of them I'm cutting up the branches and taking them to the local tip.

Thanks very much Alwest197 - does give me some sort of guideline

Sponsored Links
You could save yourself a bit of the muscle work by using a winch, whether attached to a vehicle, or a Torfor winch, or similar.
Just put a chain around the trunk about 2 metres high. They'll not only pull over quite easily, but also save you some digging/root cutting. With continued winching, you can pull them right out of the ground, roots and all.
You'll need another anchor point, obviously, but this can be as simple as a ground anchor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back