Help! Adjusting rad pipes and microbore to 15mm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year i did our en suite which involved replacing a standard radiator with a towel radiator. All the rads in the house are on 10mm pipes which are burred in the wall. When i replaced the rad in the en suite i lifted the floorboards, chopped the pipes, used 10 to 15 mm pushfit converters and ran 15mm chrome plated pipes up through the floorboard into the towel rad. In the bathroom i dont have the option of doing this as the pipes come up the internal wall and between joists. I have no access to the pipes until they above floor level. The pipes also have some white plastic coating on them. What's that all about? Can i just peel this off with a stanley?

What's the easiest and neatest way to tackle this? I'm tiling the bathroom with large format tiles so they'll cover the big hole i've made in the plaster board.

img_0072-jpg.115780

This is the rad in the ensuite. I'd have liked to have done that same but guess i'll have to come out the wall. Is there anyway i can do this in chrome to match the rad?

img_0070-jpg.115781

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 2,046
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 781
Sponsored Links
Yes, just cut the plastic coating off.

Convert the pipe inside the wall to 15mmm then bring chrome pipe out of the wall, 2 chrome push fit or compression elbows/valves, then up into the rad?
images
images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back