burying chrome pipe in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SWMBO wants the pipes to the towel rail to be hidden when I replace the radiator in the bathroom.
As I'm fitting a chrome towl rad, I'm going to use chrome 15mm pipe.
Is there any issue with sinking it into the wall and plastering over it (I'm not going to put any joints in the wall if I can help it) ?

Sponsored Links
Well it is not the greatest idea in the world. The plaster could crack from the heat/expansion.

Are you planning on bending the pipe so that it is continuous to under the floor and then joint it there to the main heating pipes?

Dan_Robinson said:
Are you planning on bending the pipe so that it is continuous to under the floor and then joint it there to the main heating pipes?

That's the idea.

I hadn't thought of the heating/cracking issue. I'll channel it deeper and put a bit of plasterboard on top :D

Sponsored Links
Remember that unless you are soldering the joints - compression will almost cetainly leak about a week after laying carpet/tiles/hrdwood flooring.

Sods law reigns supreme.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back