Solder chrome pipes

Yorkshire made chrome plated solder ring fittings, you just remove the chrome plate on the pipe where it enters the fitting, solder it as usual then wash the fitting with soap and water when its cool and it will be all chrome and shiny.

Sponsored Links
As you found its simple to solder and looks the 'bollo**s...!

My whole house is done in it above floor board level....! :LOL:

If you do solder, use lead free solder i find it compliments the chrome pipework better than using the leaded solder. lead solder goes grey and looks awful.

just to prove a point about using pushfit fittings on chrome pipe, i myself pressure tested a couple and did not blow off at 50bar hydraulic test. take it from me, john guest only advises not to use pushfit on chrome. don't just take the catalogues information as gospel put it to practice for yourselves. you wouldn't put your hesd in the oven and turn it on if they told you two CORGIMANN & CHRISHUTT!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Well do it and if it blows and floods your house lets see what the insurance says to you disregarding the manfactuers instructions

good old bill full of great and sound advice

billplumb said:
just to prove a point about using pushfit fittings on chrome pipe, i myself pressure tested a couple and did not blow off at 50bar hydraulic test. take it from me, john guest only advises not to use pushfit on chrome. don't just take the catalogues information as gospel put it to practice for yourselves. you wouldn't put your hesd in the oven and turn it on if they told you two CORGIMANN & CHRISHUTT!!!!!!

In my view if the manufacturer recommends not doing something, it's simple - don't do it because you've no comeback if it goes wrong.

As for the head in the oven, I certainly wouldn't do it if they told me not to.

Here is a pic of Yorkshire solder ring chrome plated fittings.

click for larger image.

and another one with compression

bster your work looks very smart mate, you can get crome looking trv`s` also,would look the dogs b+++ks. as for the thing about using push fit on crome, i don`t` see how it could work?? why do we have to move on from compression? i know i always use this method. this is plumbing after all ,not, new age super dupa high tech plumbtronic special amazing plumbing. what works works, the boilers are high tech to the extreme. things have move on but the old methods are still good working practice.

To be honest i'd love to put some of those chrome\white Danfoss RAS-C TRV's on but i didnt have (and still havent) any money!

Not knocking the plumbing craft bster, but if I moved in there the first thing I'd do would be (try to ) paint the pipes white! You can get snap-on white covers ...!

Chris R -
thats alright, I'm into my interior design and like chrome (though not chrome overkill).

couple of years ago after spending 13hrs first fixing a masive bungalow en-suit ,in my rush to pack up i banged JG speedfit stopends on all pipework just to get water back on, never gave the chrome watermain feeding the new w/c a thought. Very unhappy customer next morning after it blew off at 3 in the morning while they were asleep in the en-suit's bed room. NEVER forgot since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back