help and info in spain,DESPERATE!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody would really appreciate some help info or diagram.
we have just moved to spain, in the mountains ,not realising how cold it is
we have just bought a 10kw wood burning stove with back boiler, (straight feed in and out )and we need to install roughly 4--5ftx2ft radiators on a basic gravity system, with (no hot water cylinder )included,-- radiators only--,i know we need a header/feeder tank, and would like to include a manualy operated pump,
to switch on as and when we want ,because we are on solar electric,i know im asking for a lot , and do appreciate any help info or diagrams,im not thick and have done a lot of basic plumbing,and feel this is something i can do ,but we need to do it quickly, before my fingers drop off!!!
thanks again.. alan spain

Sponsored Links
I can give you some limited advice because I can`t post any diagrams etc. :cry: Find some rads that have at least 3/4 inch BSP tappings on the Ends - Not backs ! Make a big loop rising up to top of house in @ least 1inch pipe use pulled bends wherever possible not elbows . Fit a large ( maybe 25 gallon) metal feed/ expansion tank above the top run of pipe . then run the pipe down through the rooms with pipes teeing to the top of each rad and back out bottom opposite end .Main pipe then runs past each rad - Only need 1 valve on the top ( full bore gatevalve maybe) . Leave 1 rad with NO valves Try not to dip down below return connection with the loop as you near the boiler . Don`t hold your breath for 10 KW or whatever ;) Don`t expect it to look pretty either- oh and convert it all to metric . ola :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back