Help! Boiler thermastat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All of a sudden boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Boiler in question is a IKON 60-80-CI Fanned Flue Boiler.

As the saying goes - I phoned a friend whose in the trade who stopped on route to an important appointment. He got it working but said I needed a new thermocouple - working I think by taking off control box/thermastat.
After he'd gone two things...........

1) Boiler thermastat was in the OFF positiion but boiler running (?). Move to wards MAX s l o w l y but get only past MIN and everything goes off !?!

2) Leave in position to provide heating and hot water but then manually switched everyting off within no more than half an hour because all downlstairs radiators scorching hot; to hot to touch plus smell of paint! Thermastatats on radiators set to 3 (less than half available). Upstairs radiators OK heat wise except bathroom and shower room which aren't fitted with thermastats.

Room thermastat set to normal 20 degrees C

Don''t think getting a thermocouple is total answer but appreciate expert thoughts

Sponsored Links
A Thermocouple is not going to sort your problem, I can make no sense at all of your post why not get your RGI friend back when he has more time? ;)

Sponsored Links
Well 45years, with our combined experience of 81 years we clearly no ****! - mind you the original post was a strange language, it looked like english, but I couldnt understand a word!! :rolleyes:

Well 45years, with our combined experience of 81 years we clearly no s**t! - mind you the original post was a strange language, it looked like english, but I couldnt understand a word!! :rolleyes:

It is a very similar language known a jibberish. It uses all english words but
the arrangement makes it completely unintelligible to english speakers.

Will have to order up a thermocouple for one of those boilers, don't think I have one in my van ......
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back