HELP Boiler wont work after turning the power back on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Earlier I turned the power off to replace a broken light switch. Now I have noticed that the boiler will not turn on. The timer on the boiler would have been off when the power was turned off.
The boiler is a Potterton Kingfisher MF CF 50. The controller is a Danfoss 102E5. There is no pilot light. I have tried pressing reset with the flame control set to 0 and with it in the normal position but the boiler is still dead.Is this the right way to reset it? Is there anything else that I can try? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Harsha

Sponsored Links
Overheat Thermostat
It will require manual resetting
if an overheat condition occurs (the Red
LED will be illuminated). The re-set button is
located on the controls assembly

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. How do I relight the pilot?

Yes, sorry, no pilot on this boiler my mistake, as has been said, reset that overheat statt, because you probably turned the power off with the boiler in operation this meant that the heat within the heat exchanger could not be removed as the pump would of stopped, this would activate the overheat stat

Unfortunately, I don't have the instructions for the boiler. It has got a pilot light at the bottom and two leds at the top - flame and lock out. None of the lights are on. There is only a reset button at the top. Does anyone know how to relight the pilot on a Potterton Kingfisher MF?

Switch On the main electricity supply at isolating switch or plug and socket.

If a programmer is fitted set it to the 'On' position and check that the room and cylinder thermostats, where fitted are set to high
temperatures

The fan will be energised and after a short period
the automatic spark will light the pilot. When the pilot flame is established the main burner will ignite and the Green 'Flame' led on the control panel will illuminate.

The boiler would have been off for atleast an hour before power was turned off. None of the leds are lit. Do I reset by just pressing and holding the reset button? I tried pressing it with the flame control knob in the zero position and with it in the middle as well.

Thanks,
Harsha

I hope you have understood that your boiler does NOT have a permanent pilot light. It just lights the gas when heat is needed.

Many modern boilers need a demand for heat before they will reset.

Tony

Hello Tony. Yes, I have realised this now. The pilot light only comes on when it works. The boiler worked in the morning. When a light was turned on in the afternoon (the timer program for the boiler was off at this time) a bulb blew and burnt a 5A fuse on the fuse box. Could this have also caused a problem for the boiler? I turned the power off, replaced the fuse and also a switch. Now the boiler won't come on and none of its lights come on either.

have you checked external controls are switched on, is pump running
are you able to check if you have power at boiler supply

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back