Cylinder / Boiler wont turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

First time poster here. I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some advice with a problem that's started with my home boiler.

I have an Ideal ICOS HE15 boiler, a Tribune 150 litre indirect cylinder and a Danfoss FP715 Si two channel programmer.

My hot water is set on a timer to fire on in the morning (which it does) for one hour but the boiler and cylinder carries on working after the hour is up and will not turn off. The controller would have a light lit when the hot water's on and this is turning off after the hour (which is normal).

If I turn the boiler off, the cylinder carries on working.

Factory resetting the controller doesn't seem to stop the cylinder working.

If I turn off all the electrics to the heating system the cylinder will turn off.

If I turn the power back on, whilst the boiler is turned off, the cylinder will start up again.

If I leave the power off for a couple of hours and then factory reset the controller, this then stops the cylinder working. I can then turn the boiler back on without it firing up again.

It will then be like groundhog day the next morning when the hot water kicks in again.

I've uploaded a photo of the cylinder that may assist but please let me know if you require any further information.

Many thanks,
Damien

Attachments

• 20171117_075037.jpg
    20171117_075037.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Likely that the motorised valve for the hot water is sticking, or the switch inside the valve is sticking in the on position.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks both. I guess I'll contact a plumber to get it replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back