Hot water wont turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my hot water cylinder is constantly working and wont turn off. It has been working for 3 years without any problems. The programmer is not requesting hot water but it does not turn off the water.

I have a range tribune he hot water cylinder, danfoss hpa2 actuator (recently replaced the hot water one, resistance when moving it to manual), ideal boiler and danfoss CP715Si programmer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If any more details are needed, please ask.

Sponsored Links
Hi, sorry to just come back with questions but..

did the problem begin right after the new actuator was fitted

.. and do you have a multimeter to check the voltages on the actuator?

If you're equipped for a bit of DIY, a few pictures of the system and the wiring box would be useful

I changed the actuator to try and fix the problem, it did work for a month or so but it is on again. It does go off every now and then but have not been able to replicate it.

I dont have a multimeter, will see if I can get one to test the wires.

With the HW actuator removed, does the spindle easily move?

Sponsored Links
What is the boiler thermostat set to?

Its on 45c so not too hot, ive tried lowering it but it does not turn it off.
I meant the one on the boiler, but rereading your first post it wouldn't be the cause of the issue I was thinking of.

I am tending to agree with jack..... Meter and proper fault finding.

Hi, sorry for the lack of reply, the hot water has been on and off so not been able to do any other tests.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back