Help, Broken Tile & Stained Grout!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It appears that something heavy has been dropped on my kitchen floor, although must have been a ghost as the wife and kids deny all knowledge of anything happening!

Anyway there is now a hole of about a 10mm in diameter in the middle of one of the tiles, and when I tap it, it sounds hollow. I assume this will need removing (rather than simply filing the hole). Does anybody know how can I cut this tile out without damaging others?

Another issue I have is that the light grey grout I have used is now very stained after only 6 months or so , is there a simple way of cleaning it or do I need to rake it out and re grout? Once I've cleaned it or regrouted is there a sealer I can use to stop this happening again?

Thanks,

Dan

Sponsored Links
You will need to rake out the grout round the tile then hit it with a hammer to break it,you should then be able to lever the pieces out.

To clean your grout use a bit of bleach and an old toothbrush.
You can get grout sealers but don't know if they make much difference.

Thanks for the response Lancenotalot.

I'll have a go at it at the weekend, bleach sounds alot easier than raking out the grout & regrouting!!

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back