HELP, cannot remove my Idweal Isar diverter valve head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal isar boiler and currently seems to be heating the radiators, even when the central heating is not acttivated, so it seems there is a problem with the diverter valve
I have read on these forums this happens when the diverter valve is not working properly
I do have the Service manual, so was thinking of looking at it myself
However, when I try to remove the head of the diverter valve is just stuck and cannot remove it
This is a big problem, as if I cannot remove it, I may need to change teh whole boler - which is going to be very costly

Any ideas will be appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is simply 1/4 turn anti-clockwise then it will pull off, remember and disconnect the electrical plug

I tried that, but it won't bulge a millimeter, and do not want to break it!

If it's already not working, what's the problem with breaking it?

Sponsored Links
Just figure out how to do it
I do have a spare valve and its head , so played a bit with it , and noticed there is a small "lever" at the back of the head, so all is needed is to push it white you twist the head anticlockwise. See the picture
Also needed is some clearance to fully rotate the head, but should be easy to achieve

Thanks anyway

Attachments

• valve-head.jpg
    valve-head.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 155
Actually it IS working, but not 100% correctly, so if I break the valve - and cannot fix it - I will have no hot water or central heating
My wife will not be amussed!

How does the service manual say to remove it?

Removing the head is faily easy if you push the lever on the back of it. as I said, you also need to make some clearance so you can turn the head
Oddly enough the manual only says you need to twist and then pull out, but does NOT mention anything about the lever
Maybe the original boiler didn't have it?
Now I need to get some time so I can replace the valve - empty boiler, etc
Thanks anyhow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back