Ideal Isar HE24 Diverter Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Isar boiler - it's approx 4 years old and installed by the previous owner.
I noticed the other day that when in central heating mode the diverter valve clicks constantly. In DHW mode this doesn't happen.

On closer look the valve positioner is constantnly stoking open and closed.
I removed the actuator head and found that the cam is constantly turning.

Would anyone be able to guide me as to whether the actuator or control board is at fault?

Thanks for your help,
Lucy

Sponsored Links
No faults at all
when on d the system acts perfectly the diverter swithes to hot water and no changing over.
when the room thermostat kicks in the display changes to c and that's when the diverter valve starts operating continually between the 2 positions, but the dispay shows c constantly - the display isn't changing between c and d.

I think by the sounds of it, it may be the divertor valve actuator mechanism. This is a motor driven item and does not require draining down, A test would be to remove the actuator and see how it operates remote from the valve.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Peter,
I have removed the actuator from the valve and when the system is calling for central heating the actuator cam is constantly turning - is there some sort of latch that it's meant to make?

does the divertor pin move in and out freely ?

these are common to sticking on dirty systems and then cause the actuator head to fail

The pin was quite stiff - i removed it and freed it up with some lubricant and it's moving well now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back