Ideal isar he24 constant displaying "d"

Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware D is a code for "delay" shows after running hot tap. If no dripping taps then it is almost certainly a leak that is well out of sight. The fact that it fired up when you turned the cold supply off makes me think that there is a leak somewhear. If you are on a water meter take a reading then check again after an hour or so. That should confirm one way or another.

Sponsored Links
Good point Mike, i believe the reverse of these controls are carbon based and can wear out over time.

Do not understand what carbon has to do with switch contacts.

Contacts are dome shaped. When the contacts come together, they self clean. When these contacts make or break, a spark occurs at the contacts. The size of the spark is related to type of load that is switched. Heavier spark equated to accelerated contact erosion. A point is reached when the erosion turns the dome into a flat disc at which point self cleaning of contact is not takeing place and sufficient current is not conducted. In extreme cases heat is generated and smoke emits- even localised charring takes place. Carbon (black soot) I suspect is a by product but not base material

Good point Mike, i believe the reverse of these controls are carbon based and can wear out over time.

Do not understand what carbon has to do with switch contacts.

Contacts are dome shaped. When the contacts come together, they self clean. When these contacts make or break, a spark occurs at the contacts. The size of the spark is related to type of load that is switched. Heavier spark equated to accelerated contact erosion. A point is reached when the erosion turns the dome into a flat disc at which point self cleaning of contact is not takeing place and sufficient current is not conducted. In extreme cases heat is generated and smoke emits- even localised charring takes place. Carbon (black soot) I suspect is a by product but not base material

You may know them as Rheostat / Potentiometers.

Sometime you can get a resistance anomoly caused by dirt on the track, the track bed being made of carbon, and can wear out with time.

Well I never, Just looked through my database for the manual for your boiler and I have found it :p

It does mention that the inlet water pressure must not exceed 2bar when it refers to the code D

I can let you have a copy if you wish :D

Aparently, i am not sure which one is right, I havethe manual that came with my mother in law's boiler, or should I say she inherited it with the house she bought a few years back, when i had the priveledge to sort out her problem when her heating wouldn't come on and it turned out to be a faulty timer switch.

I swear up on John Major, I did not at any time touch the boiler, I did not even peek at it, as I am not a regitered engineer! I swear I did not even as much as look at it even from the corner of my eye!

However, the manual says this:-
On the display these digits represent:-

O standsby - no demand for heat

c CH being supplied

d DHW being supplied

t DHW preheat.

this is in the user guide, and its a small d and not a capital D.

(just for the record only)

boiler seemed to be working fine for a few days.. but now when the central heating is turned on a "c" is displayed but the burner light constantly flashes instead of going solid ... any ideas ??

just had that replaced , initially when hot water was turned on radiators would heat up instead, had diverter valve replaced , but now display shows "c" with flashing neon light whenever central heating is turned on. normally it should be solid, and also doesnt seem to ire up the boiler when light is flashing.

is this also diverter problem or something else? ive checked the diverter valve and it seems fine now, i.e spring stuck in either dhw or ch.

If it is flashing then it thinks it is hot. The heat has to be circulating somewhere otherwise the boiler will lockout.

If the valve is guffed then the heat could just be going around the PHE.

does it produce plenty of hot water when demanded.

If it is poor then it could be the pump is failing/sticking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back