Help! Cleansing & Flushing Radiators (inhibitors too!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I need to have my radiators cleansed, but unfortunately it all seems a bit expensive. So I've decided that I could maybe try doing it myself.

I've read online everything that needs to be done in order to do it myself, but I'm just nervous that in the end it could go wrong. I have some experience with DIY projects, but more along the lines of plastering, never any plumbing!

Can anyone tell me if it's feasible to do on my own... I'm hoping that as long as i take it slow and follow the instructions thoroughly it should be ok. Are the cleanser and inhibitor safe to work with as long as i'm careful?

Also, I've read that you are to drain the radiator furthest from the boiler - How does it work if there are 2 that are equidistant? Does it make a difference? Is it absolutely necessary to drain these ones, or could I get away with draining the radiator in the bathroom (which are all on the same level and quite close together)?

Can anyone please advise?! I really appreciate any advice!

Cheers,

Ashley

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back