Help covering concrete floor to stop heat escaping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just found this forum and hope you guys can help a DIY newbie.

I am looking for the cheapest way to to cover a 2200 square foot concrete floor.

It is a warehouse I will be using for photography so it needs to be nice and warm for models. The warehouse is an old airplane hanger that is completely insulated except for the cold concrete floor.

Is there any cheap option to cover the floor to minimise the escape of heat?

It does not have to be easy on the eye either

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
If you are looking at covering 2200 square feet "cheap" is a relative term , but then you could hardly have all your models walking around in moon boots.
The method I'd go for is a floating floor of ply with a layer of kingspan insulation underneath. Essentially the floor is covered with the insulation sheets (8 x 4's) and sheets of ply on top screwed together. Then probably a covering of some sort to protect from splinters and the like.

Thanks for your replies guys, how much do you think it would cost to do the floating ply with kingspan insulation?

In reply to Freddymercurystwin, Do you mean that it is not possible to cheaply insulate the floor?

Thanks again

James

Sponsored Links
around £10 per square metres for 100mm kingspan and 12mm ply :oops: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back